This recipe is extremely easy! I love it because I hardly have to prepare anything at all and don’t have to grate any cheese. You will need:
One large casserole dish
One cup of milk
Two pre-made pie crusts
Salt & Pepper to taste
One large tub spinach and artichoke dip (from Sam’s Club)
Half a package of sliced mushrooms
Half a pound of breakfast sausage
- Sautée the sausage and mushrooms in a skillet.
- While that’s cooking thaw out the pie crusts and pre-heat your oven to 325.
- Beat 12 eggs and one cup of milk with salt and pepper to taste.
- Unroll your pie crusts and line the inside of your casserole dish.
- Spoon out a layer of spinach artichoke dip onto the bottom and spread it to cover the bottom of the crust.
- Pour a little of the egg mixtue on top of the layer of dip.
- Add a few handfuls of sausage and mushroom mixture to the bottom layer.
- Do another layer of the dip and then another layer of sausage and mushrooms.
- Finish the layers with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until firm.
(Note: I was baking a turkey at 325, and several other dishes, while I baked this. I think you could do 350 for 45 minutes for starters and just wait until it’s done – keep adding on 10 minutes until you see a beautiful cooked top of your quiche. If you break this up into pie dishes, rather than casserole dishes, start with 45 minutes for sure.)